"We are very pleased that the government has renewed our ICP license and we look forward to continuing to provide web search and local products to our users in China," the updated post said.
Google's share price rose 2.8% in Friday trading following the announcement.
GOOGLE CHINA TIMELINE
• January 2006: Google launches in China
• March 2009: China blocks access to YouTube
• June 2009: China introduces filtering software on all new PCs
• January 2010: Google says it may pull out of China after cyber attacks
• January 2010: China denounces US criticism of its internet controls
• March 2010: China's state media attacks Google for close ties with the White House
• March 2010: Google says will automatically redirect China customers to uncensored Hong Kong site
• June 2010: Google says China customers now have to actively click on Hong Kong site
• July 2010: China renews Google licence
Reference : Official Google Blog
Post tagged in: Google